Quest for the Snow Leopoard
This extroverted journey takes you along an extraordinary route, full of lore and splendor, punctuated by photographic attractions, and features diversity. You visit Hemis National Park situated in Ladakh region of Jammu & Kashmir, famous for elusive Snow Leopard.
Tag 1ARRIVE DELHI
Arrive Delhi the capital of India. Our tour representative will welcome you at the airport arrival lounge with Silkroad Travels / Classic Expeditions signboard. Transfer to hotel. Overnight at hotel. Note: Hotel check in time is 1200hrs.
Early morning transfer from hotel to airport to board flight to Leh. Meeting assistance on arrival and transfer to hotel. Rest of the day is free for acclimatization. Overnight at hotel
In general half day of acclimatization would have been enough but considering that the group is arriving by flight on the previous day and then they need to go for trekking on the following days in search of elusive snow leopard, ideally we will again have the relaxed day with few visits. After leisurely breakfast we drive just over half an hour to Thiksay monastery, set on a hill it is one of the most impressive Gompas in Ladakh. It has several temples, one of which contains a superb statue of the Future Buddha. After visiting Thiksay we return to Leh for lunch. Late afternoon we will drive to visit Shanti Stupa followed by visit to The Namgyal Tsemo Gompa of Ladakh which was founded by King Tashi Namgyal in the early 15th century, around the year 1430. This fort was once the royal residence of the Namgyal dynasty and is flanked by some temples built in veneration of the guardian deities, these temples are still standing today, unlike the fort which is almost in ruins, temples are visited everyday by a monk. Overnight at hotel.
After breakfast drive from Leh to Zingchen (2 hrs drive) and from there trek starts to Husing (2 hrs trek). Husing is one of the better areas for the snow leopard. There are 3 valleys that meet here and these are all used by the snow leopard as they move to lower altitudes following their prey species. Snow Leopards are some of the most elusive big cats remaining in the world because they live in such remote areas of Central Asia. There are thought to be between 3,500 and 7000 snow leopards left in the wild. Overnight camping. /B/L/D)
Tage 5 bis 9HUSING
Morning possibility of wildlife viewing in Husing valley followed by trek to Zingchen to drive back to Leh. Upon arrival in Leh, check into your hotel. Rest of the day is at leisure. Overnight in hotel. (B)
Morning drive to Ulley to photograph Ibex & other wildlife. Overnight in home stay. (B/D)
Spend full day to photograph Ibex and other wildlife available in the area. Overnight in Homestay. (B/D)
Drive back to Leh. Upon arrival in Leh check into the hotel. Dinner & overnight at hotel.
After early breakfast transfer to airport for flight to Delhi. Meeting assistance on arrival and transfer to hotel. Day is at leisure till evening. After dinner, on time transfer to the airport to board flight for onward journey.This is the end of your booked journey.
- Übernachtungen wie angegeben in 3 Sterne - Unterkünften (Ü) Verpflegung wie angegeben (FS -Frühstück, L-Lunch, AE-Abendessen) oder Zeltcamp oder Gästehaus.
- Flüge (Economy class inkl. 15kg Freigepäck) und Flughafengebühren
- Örtliche indische englischsprachige Reiseleitung
- In den Parks sind Fahrer und Natur- Guide inklusive
- Unterbringung in 2 – Bett – Zimmern
- Einzelzimmer – Unterbringung gegen Aufpreis (auf Nachfrage)
- Spezial Permits, wo notwendig
- Sämtliche Transfers in geeigneten Fahrzeugen
- Eintrittsgelder in die angegebenen Objekte
Nicht im Preis enthalten
- Internationale Flüge (Preise ab Europa ab circa 800 €, Stand 01/2021)
- Indien – Visum (circa 90 €, Stand 01/2021)
- Kamera und Video - Gebühren
- Trinkgelder, die in Indien üblich sind
- Dinge des persönlichen Bedarfs
- Alle Sonderkosten, die hervorgerufen werden durch unvorhersehbare Ereignisse (Naturkatastrophen, Politik, Arbeitskämpfe etc.)